For some reason Thankful Thursdays are getting harder for me. I've been doing them for so long, it's getting more and more difficult to keep coming up with new things each week. And it's not helping that Thursdays for some reason have become such bad days around here lately. But, once again, I stretch myself past my foul mood in search of some needed gratitude.1. A healthy check-up. Jossy had her 1 year appointment and everything went just fine. She's still petite (10% for weight, 25% for height) but she's completely healthy and on track.
2. Farm Country. We needed something to do last Friday when Dan unexpectedly got off early, so we took the kids to the Farm. The place was pretty empty. We got to milk the cow, ride in a buggy, and watch the beginnings of an egg hatch. Good times. (And we ran into a friend of mine from high school whom I hadn't seen in nearly ten years!)
3. Our first ever family vacation coming up. We've NEVER been on a vacation as a family just for vacationing sake. The furthest we've traveled since having kids is Idaho and that's just because Dan's family is there. After a lot of discussion on where we should go, we decided to stay fairly close (the kids don't do well in the car for very long) and go stay in Park City a few days at the end of the month where we got a good deal on a 2 bedroom villa. It may not be far, but it's a VACATION!!
4. The hornet hives are gone. The handyman finally came today (after I put in a request a week ago) to knock down two hives right outside my patio. Now Matty can play safely out there again. Hurray!
5. Having family near by. I have a sister who lives about 15-20 minutes away, and my parents and another sister live 50 minutes away. Having them close means a lot to me. Everyone else is spread across the country.
6. Free food. I ran into another old high school friend of mine this past week while out shopping with my sister. He asked if we had eaten, which we hadn't, and then gave us a $40 gift card to the restaurant he worked at so we could get lunch. Nice!! Love those freebies. :)

2 comments:
My goodness I can not believe how you just happen to run into a couple of your old friends. That was so sweet of him to give you a gift card too. I am also thrilled that your hornets are gone (now if they would only come here and get my bees for me). I do have to say that I think you should come and vacation at my place *hint, hint*. It may be a little far but there are lots of things to do. I do hope that you have a even better week then the last.
Hooray for family vacations!! Free food is awesome.
Super fantastic list this week :)
Post a Comment