Monday morning, the day we were scheduled to leave, Matty woke up with a fever. I was foolish enough to think the night before, "Wow! Our trip's tomorrow and somehow we've managed to keep everyone healthy for over a month now!" How stupid of me to jinx us like that! His only other symptom was a terrible headache, so we just kept giving him Motrin and hoped he'd be okay. His fever came off and on over the days we were there, but was always the worst in the middle of the night. We still managed to have some fun, though, even with a kid slightly more crabby than usual.
When we first arrived, Matty really didn't understand why we were there. Like I said, he'd never been on a vacation just for vacations sake, so he didn't really get it. He just wanted to go home. By the time we were ready to leave a few days later though, he kept asking to stay longer. :)
We took Matty on the Alpine Slide, which he LOVED! We also enjoyed swimming, ping pong, playing pool, life size chess, craft time, barbecuing by the pool, watching movies, eating candy apples, and just relaxing. Having the kids with us DEFINITELY made it a little harder to really relax, but we're still glad we got to have them there. (However, it will be awhile before we do that again.)
My sister has some pictures of us from the slide that I haven't gotten from her yet, but here are a few highlights of the rest of our trip:
View of our hotel pool as we
passed by on the chair lift
passed by on the chair lift
Gorgeous trees on the way up to the slide
View from the lift (Our hotel is the one closest in the foreground.
Great location!)
Some serious ping pong
Soon after getting in the pool in the above picture, we were told they needed to shut it down and clean it. The problem seemed to be in the kiddie end. We got out quickly of course. :) We decided to move the party up to our room in
our giant tub and enjoyed a little family swim there.
Why waste all that effort of getting everyone in their swimsuits?









7 comments:
It sure looks like you all had a great time on your first vacation. I do think that it is cute how Matty wanted to stay longer after he figured out how much fun it was there.
Looks like fun! Your whole family in the tub cracks me up!!
looks like you had a great vacation. I agree Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory has simply divine caramel apples! The family bath/swim is hilarious!
Ooooo I love RM Chocolate Factory! We went there in San Francisco. What a fun trip! How funny that Matty was trying to understand the "point" of the trip!
I love Rocky Mountain Choc.Factory! We have a couple here in Vegas. I love how you guys got in the bathtub, that is so creative and fun! My hubby would never do that. I'm glad you guys got to go on a vacation you really deserve it. Luv ya!
I'm glad you were able to have a little vacation and fun with the whole family :) Sounds like a good idea to stay close to home, but still get away!
Agreed- they have the BEST Candy Apples... Mmmm
I want a small little vacation too. Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Post a Comment